Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29 update

It's been a while since I have updated.  Things have been going on pretty normally.  I went in today and had chemo treatment #3.  Only 5 more to go.  Woo hoo!  My blood test looked good.  They did say my red blood cell count was on the low side (9.5).  It wasn't low enough to have a blood transfusion yet.  I will probably feel a little more tired and winded.  They told me to just listen to my body and if I need a nap, take a nap. (Yay naps!)  

Also, this weekend I started having mood swings.  I would feel really sad and start crying for no reason.  I  checked with the nurses today and that is a side effect of the chemo.  Chemo can send you into menopause.  I was very glad to know that it was a side effect and I wasn't going crazy.  

So that's all I know right now.  So far I haven't had any nausea this afternoon. (Yay nausea medicine)  I think a nap is on the agenda this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. My other friend went into menopause and had issues with sleeping. Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete