Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3 update

Today I went to Indy to do another ultrasound on the additional spots that the breast MRI discovered.   The day started early, which kinda stunk since I worked till 8:15 last night.  Luckily I am a morning person so getting up early wasn't too hard.  We again got to the office an hour early.  (Mama raised her a perpetual early person).  Once I got call back, they did the ultra sound to see if they could find the spots that were found on the MRI.  Since the right breast is going to be gone in a few months, they didn't pay too much time on that one.  They located the spots on the left breast.  One of them was in the shape of a peanut.  (Go figure, I have an odd shape tumor).  They then elected to do a core biopsy on those spots.

The biopsy was a piece of cake.  They numbed it VERY well.  They then used an instrument to take tissue samples from each spot.  Each time they took a sample, it made a clicking noise.  I told Mom it sounded like a stapler.  I felt a bit of pressure but it didn't hurt at all.  

They did say while they were doing the procedure that the peanut shaped tumor rolled around quite a bit and that is usually a good sign (of it being benign).  We shall see what the tests say. 

After all that, I had to go get a couple of mammogram pictures taken. (I don't think they thought they tortured me enough)  Before I left, they gave me ice packs to keep on the incision and told me to take Tylenol.  

I should get the results of the biopsies by Tuesday at the earliest.  Please pray for good results.  I am planning on relaxing the rest of the day.  I think I deserve it! . :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment