Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 12 update

When I started the chemo I was told my hair "would fall out".  I wasn't sure how I would notice as I shed like a dog most of the time.  Well when I went to wash my hair this morning, I figured it out.  My hair was coming out in huge strands.  It continued through the day, so this evening I went to my brother's house and he shaved my head.

It wasn't traumatic at all.  Trying to keep my positive attitude, I came up with some positives of losing my hair.  They are:

1.  I can save money on hair products.
2.  I love my hair dresser but I can save money on hair cuts.
3.  When my hair comes back in, it's supposed to be darker. Hopefully no gray! 
4.  I might actually get hat to fit my big head.
5.  I can wear earrings and people will actually see them.
6.  I won't shed like a dog (better get the house cleaned up)
7.  I actually resemble my brother now. 

I am sure I will think of others.  I am considering this just another stop on my journey to being healthy again.

9 comments:

  1. Here's another one for you. You can roll own all the windows in your car and won't have to worry about it messing up you hair or blowing in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be positive! I love the list! I thought of a couple more: You won't wake up w/ bed-head. No more bad hair days. You can sleep longer since you won't have to style it! Okay.....I will stop now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall add those to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can wear great head scarves. You can be free from having.to do your hair. You get to try something most people are never brave enough to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also good thoughts Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. 7 is my fav, o'course, you silly woman. Aaaaand your stunning, big brown eyes will knock people over with a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. silly is my middle name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can save all that salon money and buy a Harley now you no longer have to worry about helmet hair. --From Theo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Theo I liked that one. :)

    ReplyDelete