Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7 update

I got to go to Indianapolis to see Dr. Schmidt this afternoon.  After a quick examination (and I mean quick), he was happy with how thing were progressing.  We learned from his nurse that I can have my other breast taken off just not at the same time.  They would take the breast off with the cancer, then I would go through radiation.  Then if I want to have reconstruction they would take the other breast off then and reconstruct both at the same time.  They do it this way because there would be too much risk having both breast off at once of blood clots.

So I was happy to hear that things were progressing well.  I have to admit I was a little bummed that this process is going to take a little longer than I had figured.  (I had it in my head that it would be over by the end of the year.  It obviously won't. )  However, if this is what it takes to get well, I will hold my head high and march on through.

No comments:

Post a Comment