Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20 update

I went to Dr. Gupta's office today thinking I would start my chemo treatments.  Well that didn't happen.  My CT scan came good good (he said I had good looking organs).  The bone scan was the problem.  There is a shadow on my skull and spine and they want to make sure just what they are.  It is very possible that they are nothing.  They don't want to start treatment until they know for sure because the chemo could alter the results of the tests.

So I have a MRI schedule for 7 am Wednesday morning (Oh Joy!)  I then go see Dr. Gupta again on Friday April 27.

When I got back home, I had to call down to Indy to reschedule my ultrasound on my breasts.  When I called I find out that not only was I scheduled an ultrasound but also a biopsy.  They neglected to tell me that when I first scheduled the appointment.

Needless to say, I am a bit deflated.  But I am considering this just a bump in my road to recovery .  God is still in control and WILL  get me through this.

4 comments:

  1. It is just a small bump, it will be a barely there blip while you complete your recovery. I have complete faith that you will kick ass and take names bestie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very strong person bestie. I know without a doubt you will come out of this smelling like a rose. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete