Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12 update

I got to wake up at the crack of dawn to go to Indy today for my MRI and to get my stitches out.  Mom was pleasantly surprised when I let her drive my car down there.  See miracles do happen. :D  I have never had an MRI before so I really didn't know what to expect.  I have heard horror stories of people freaking out while having them.  Luckily I am not claustrophobic so I wasn't really worried about that.  I was kinda worried because I woke up with a scratchy throat (which I promise to tell Dr. Gupta tomorrow if I still have it) so I was afraid that I would cough during the procedure.

The procedure itself was pretty easy.  I had to get an IV which didn't thrill me but it wasn't bad.  I laid on my stomach for the procedure.  Luckily I didn't cough (or move).  I think laying on my stomach helped with the drainage.  I did get a cramp in my shoulder before it was done but as long as I didn't think about it it was ok.  I did find out that MRI's are extremely noisy.  But they gave me ear plugs so that made it ok.  The thought did cross my mind that "Great, not only will I glow in the dark, I am going to be deaf too" :D

After the MRI, I went up to Dr. Schmidt's office to get my stitch out.  What I didn't realize was it was in fact 1 big stitch.  The nurse just had me raise up my shirt, take off my bra and she just slipped that stitch right out of there.  Didn't hurt a bit.  I still have to watch my lifting for a bit but the most exciting news is, I don't have to wear my bra to bed tonight.  WOO HOO!   I know I am easily excited but wearing a bra to bed was beginning to drive me nuts.  And I am going to rejoice in every bit of good news I get no matter how small.

Now I shall get me some lunch and go back to work.  Got to get prepared for my doctor's appointment tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tonya. Sorry things are so rough for you. My condolances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came thru like a pro bestie:) I know with the hand of God you will make it thru this!

    ReplyDelete