Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19 Update

I had my CT and Bone Scan yesterday (April 18).  Prior to the CT scan, I had to drink some contrast.  It didn't taste bad at all. (Praise the Lord).  It reminded me of Gatorade, which I don't mind. (Mom HATES Gatorade)  Once I got to the hospital, they gave me a cup and wanted me to drink some more water.  It's a wonder my blabber didn't pop. :)

The CT scan was very quick.  The IV went in easily. (Best one I have had so far)  It went very quickly.  While they still had the IV in, the gave me the injection I needed for the bone scan.

4 hours later, I went in for the bone scan.  They had told me to keep hydrated during the 4 hours to keep the radioactive stuff going through my body.  So I drank A LOT.   First thing they had me do before the bone scan, go to the bathroom.  (That struck me funny).  Anyway, the bone scan wasn't scary at all.  I was a tad intimidated when they laid me down on the table and strapped me to the table.  It's a good thing I am not claustrophobic.  The camera was right in my face.  (Good thing they didn't have the McClain that was in the waiting room in this machine.  She would have freaked)  Luckily once the pictures of my head were done, they pulled me out of the machine.  I got scanned from my head to my toes.  The tech was kind enough to tell me I did have some curvature of the spine. (the least of my worries at the moment).

Both the CT and the Bone scan techs asked why I was having these done.  I told them I was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  They both said I would probably see them periodically in the future.

Today, I get to go to Plainfield for a library roundtable.  It's nice to be going somewhere that is not a doctor's appointment. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment