Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17 Update

I didn't think I would have much to update until I had the CT and Bone scans tomorrow.  I did meet with administration yesterday morning.  I have 6 months of sick leave (pays not to be sick very much) plus I can use the library's sick leave bank it comes to that (which I don't think it will).  That is one thing I won't have to worry about. 

Through this process, I have been trying to not go into "librarian mode" and try and research everything myself.  Well yesterday, I was getting a bit nervous about the bone scan.  I knew I was going to get an injection but I wasn't sure where.  I did some research and they will give it to me in a vein.  (unless they are giving me something different)  I felt better after reading that.

Then today came around.  At lunch I got a call from Dr. Schmidt's office. They were calling to tell me the results of my MRI.  I have 2 spots in one breast and 3 in the other that they want to do an ultrasound on.  (They told me which breast had which spots but for the life of me I couldn't tell you which one had which)  They did say the lymph nodes looked good (WOO HOO!)  They also said I had an hemangioma on my chest wall that I needed to get checked again in 6 months.  I asked her if I should be worried about this and she said no.  So when I go back to work, I went into librarian mode again and researched what that was.  Evidently, a hemangioma is an abnormal collection of blood vessels (Who'd have thunk it, me abnormal :D).  It doesn't appear to be anything to be worry about.  Mom made the comment that her and Daddy didn't put me together very well.  I told her that I was going to sue for shoddy workmanship. :D

So I am scheduled for my ultra sound on Friday April 27 at 12:30 pm.  That's all I know right now.  Of course the day isn't over yet.

2 comments:

  1. I have small hemangiomas all over. I was told not to worry about them. I had one on my nose removed. Praying everyday for you.

    ReplyDelete