Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 6 update

Sorry I didn't update yesterday.  I had a lot of celebrating to do.


As you know, yesterday was my last chemo (WOO HOO!).  I chose the shirt pictured above to be my chemo day attire.  It was sent to me by my Twitter bestie Luz.  "Bazinga" is one of the catch phrases from the show The Big Bang Theory (one of the shows I am obsessed with).  Sheldon, one of the main characters in the show, uses "Bazinga" after he plays what he thinks are practical jokes on his friends.  Well cancer, the joke is on you, I am going to beat you. "Bazinga".

Dr. Gupta is very pleased with how I am progressing.  Mom commented that people were commenting on how well I was doing.  Dr. Gupta's response "She's not normal".  I take that as a complement.  :D  Mom response was "I could have told you that."

My last chemo went very well.  I slept through most of it.  That Benedryl kicked me in the butt.

Today I am feeling great.  Being the second day after chemo, that makes me very happy.

I wanted to thank everybody for the birthday wishes and well wishes for the last day of Chemo.  I know all the support, prayers, and positive vibes is what has gotten me through this.

So now I move on to the next hurdle in my journey.  On August 22, I go down to Indy to have a mammogram, ultrasound, and MRI.  Please pray for good results.  Then on August 30 to have my consultation with Dr.  Schmidt.  I will get my mastectomy scheduled that day I am sure.

That's all I know right now.  Going to spend the rest of the week celebrating the start of my 44th year.  I know it's going to be a great one.

4 comments:

  1. That's great news! You have done so well and thank goodness you are through the chemo. Sometimes being abnormal can be a blessing! :) Your mother and your doctor are a hoot though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dr. Gupta are too peas in a pod. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops I meant two peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep up the good work! Bazinga! is right. You are going to play Bazinga the cancer right in the butt.

    ReplyDelete