Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9 update

Today was the day of my 6th chemo treatment.  I was very thankful that the heat wave finally broke.  It will make recuperating much easier.

I started out the day seeing Dr. Gupta.  He is very pleased with how I am progressing.  We did discuss the tingling/numbness I have been experiencing in my feet and left hand.  It is a common side effect with the new round of chemo I am on.  Dr. Gupta decided to dial back the amount of chemo I got this time and told me to take either vitamin B6 or B12.  Since either one would work, I purchased the B complex vitamin which had both in it.  I figured it couldn't hurt.  I also found out my red blood cell count had gone up to 9.8.  I was very happy about that.  Dr. Gupta told me whatever I am doing to be sure to keep it up.  Mom and I also asked Dr. Gupta if it was ok if I had fair food (somebody had warned us against it).  He said if I liked fair food, to go for it. :)   (For those of you reading my blog not from my area, the County 4H Fair started this week)

My actual chemo treatment went pretty well.  I slept through a lot of it.  I had told Mom before we went  that if I did start snoring to be sure to wake me up.  I didn't but at one point she did wake me up because I had my mouth hanging open.  She said it looked like I was ready to catch flies. :)

After we left we the hospital we ate at Dairy Queen.  I celebrated my 6th chemo treatment with a Peanut Buster Parfait!  It was yummy.

I am very excited that I only 2 more chemo treatments to go!  Woo Hoo!

1 comment: